Mountain Top Hose Co.
"The Bacon Hill Hillbillies"
Mountain Top Hose Company was originally housed in Miller's Barn. In 1905 the department utilized a horse and wagon for firefighting functions paying the owner, Mr. Ray, a 25 cent hourly wage. In 1909, a devestating fire leveled Miller's barn (picture & story to right) destroying all firefighting equipment. After the fire, Mt. Top Hose Co. moved to their present location at the corner of Hazard Street and Cogswell Avenue. Later on, the station added the first Rescue Squad in Onondaga County, NY. Today three additional bays have been added to the station and the original single bay of the building has been transformed into a bunk room and office for firefighters. Engine 21, Engine 22, and Squad 21 are all housed in station two's quarters.